Friday, July 18, 2008

Getting ready for the hike

I have been dabbling in Ruby/Rails for the last year or so at home. It has been an absolute blast, so much fun, in fact, that I decided to jump from the comfortable waters of Java from my last job to another job steeped in Ruby/Rails. I realize now that I really know very little and have quite a bit to learn regarding the technology.

It's always fun to learn something new... that means I'm having a load of fun right now! At the risk of sounding childish and whiny, the Ruby/Rails technology still shows signs of explosive growth... so much so that it's difficult to find a consolidated set of reference and tutorial documents that reflect how to use the latest gem and plugin options that are available for it.

I hope to provide some good trail logs on my journey that can help other pseudo-novices on the Ruby/Rails trail. It's amazing what a well-placed marker can do and I myself can definitely use as much advice from more veteran hikers on the TRail. Hope to see you at the top.

No comments: